Employee engagement – connects career clarity for better collaborative contribution.
Employee engagement – connects career clarity for better collaborative contribution among every employee for achieving organizational vision, missions and values.
Employee engagement is a degree of intensity and quality of bonding between an organization and its employees. An “engaged employee” remains fully absorbed and enthusiastic about their work. They love their work that much that they take initiatives and positive action to further the organization’s reputation and interests.
Employee engagement has been defined as:
Employee engagement is the extent to which employees feel passionate about their jobs, are committed to the organization, and put discretionary effort into their work.
Before digging deeper in facts let’s see the statics of disengaged employees across the globe.
According to Gallup’s State of the Global Workplace report, “only 13% of employees worldwide are engaged at work.”
Now why it is required to keep your employees engaged?
3 masterstrokes by Steve Jobs would clarify your doubt. Here are 3 quotes which he advised everyone for setting career goals:
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”
- “Creativity is just connecting things.”
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me “¦ Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful “¦ that’s what matters to me.”
Steve as master genius has crafted the Bible of employee engagement through these 3 philosophies of life. Life starts with passion. You choose to work what you love. By loving your work you become creative. And after lifelong devotion and love of work you mind becomes contained with fulfilment and joy. You know your life had been worth living for.
Thus, Employee engagement has 5 predominant properties, employees:
- Being connected to work.
- Being career focused.
- Have clarity of career paths in parent organization.
- Being part of collaborative team efforts.
- Being a profitable contributor in the organization.
This way Employee engagement – connects career clarity for better collaborative contribution.